Checkers is a Gentlemen's game. Be courteous.
Play by rules, and ask your opponent to do the same in a kind way.
- Winning a game.
- the opponent gives you a hand and says he resigns;
- you eat all opponent's pieces;
- the opponent's pieces are so badly placed that he cannot move.
- Rules in connection with eating.
- if there is a possibility of eating, side having a move, must eat;
- if there are many ways of eating, the side having a move must eat that way, that contains maximum number of opponent's pieces;
- while eating all the eaten pieces must remain on board, they are removed from it only after finishing to eat;
- while eating one piece can be eaten only once.
- Other important rules.
- a king can't fly across diagonals unless eating;
- a king moves one square at a time;
- a single man can't move or eat backwards;
- if a player overlooks an eat and moves, he is to be shown and take the move back and eat;
- a piece entering a king's row for the first time must be crowned and that ends the turn, it can't move from the king's row on the same turn;
- if a piece is touched, the player must move it.