PHYSICAL FITNESS AWARD (Male Only)
1. Standing with the bar adjusted to at least eight (8) inches beyond
extended arm, grasp bar with back of the hand toward the
2. Flex arms, raise body, touch chin to bar; return to starting position.
3. Move upward and downward with body in extended position.
4. The contestant will be allowed five minutes to perform as many
pull-ups as possible without stopping.
1. Front lying, palms of hands flat on floor and approximately one
(1) foot from ears directly to side of head.
2. Straighten arms to lift body.
3. Chest must touch floor for each completed movement.
4. Body must remain in a rigid position during the upward push and
5. The contestant will be allowed five minutes to complete as many push-ups as possible
1. Back lying, legs bent at least 90° angle, feet together flat on floor, arms folded across the
abdomen without holding shirt.
2. Sit up and touch the knees with the folded arms without holding shirt.
3. Keep arms folded across the abdomen. Buttocks must stay in contact with ground.
4. The Event Judge will assign a "buddy" who will hold the contestant's feet against the
5. The contestant will be allowed ten minutes to perform as many sit-ups as possible
1. The contestant must do the exercises in the following order (1) pull-ups, (2) push-ups,
and (3) sit-ups.
2. Only 60 seconds will be allowed between exercises.
3. A judge will count the number of correct exercises performed. The judge will "warn" the
contestant of the first improper movement; count will stop at the second improper
movement, or when time is up.
Pull-Ups - 1 point each
Push-Ups - 1/2 point each
Sit-Ups - 1/3 point each
The contestant with the highest total points shall win first place. Subsequent places will be
determined by total points of each contestant.
Physical Fitness competition is counted as one of the three athletic events in which a male
contestant is allowed to compete.