Contestants create a video program that uses images and sounds to portray a selected Scripture passage. The video must include a narration of the verses, but it may also include music, sound effects, and additional dialog or narration. A title screen may be included, but all photography, whether still or moving, must be shot by the contestants (no stock footage). Selected Scripture passage will be selected/published by A.C.E. Visit www.aceministries.com/studentprograms/isc to view the updated ISC Information Booklet for the current year’s Scripture. (Please use the King James Version, not New King James Version, of the Bible only.)
1. No more than five contestants may be involved. The contestants may have an equipment operator in the editing suite, but the contestants must make the editing decisions. Adults may give technical guidance and advice, but the preparation and production must be done by the contestants.
2. Entries from outside North America should be recorded in the NTSC (National Television System Committee) format.
3. Contestants must prepare “mock” letters requesting permission from the publishers of any music used. Include a title screen in the video giving credit to the publisher.
4. Video length should be four (4) minutes minimum to six (6) minutes maximum. If competition piece does not meet the four (4) minute minimum or exceeds the six (6) minute maximum time limit, the entry will receive a .5-point deduction for any portion of thirty (30) second increments outside the allotted time. (For example, a piece timed at 3:42 would receive a half-point deduction from the total score. A piece of 6:42 would receive a deduction of a full point from the total score.)
Checklist for Scripture Video:
1. Video: Submit three (3) VHS or DVD copies as an early entry. Label them with the school’s complete name, customer number, and address.
2. Judge’s Forms—Submit three (3) copies, properly completed.
3. Paperwork—Submit “mock” letters requesting permission from the publishers of any music or sound effects used in the video. Submit talent release forms for all who are seen or heard on the video.
4. Photo—Submit a photo documenting contestants preparing the Scripture Video. Include school’s complete name, customer number, and address on back.
5. VERY IMPORTANT! Place video, photo, paperwork, and Judge’s Forms in a zippered plastic bag.
HINTS FROM THE SCRIPTURE VIDEO JUDGES
1. Be well prepared before going out to shoot your video. It often takes longer than anticipated.
2. Watch out for any objects in your picture that distract from your subject.
3. Listen for any background sounds that distract from your narration.
4. Use a tripod to steady the camera.
5. Remember that this is a video event, not a PowerPoint presentation.